Managing & Supervising Material
Handling Equipment Operations
Managing & Supervising Material Handling Equipment Operations Courses
Duration: 1 Day
Capacity: Up to 4 (at no extra cost)
Our managing and supervising material handling equipment (MHE) operations course will enable the managers and supervisors in your business to identify their responsibilities with regards to material handling equipment operations, and will enable them to identify steps that can be taken to minimise risk related to MHE in your workplace.
These courses are best suited at your site for the most accurate training on what they will be carrying out on a day-to-day basis.
In house courses are designed to have the candidates only certificated on your site meaning they are trained on the relevant task they will be overseeing.
Course Content – What’s Included?
- Introduction to the course
- Current Regulations HASWA, PUWER, LOLER, ACOP, ETC
- Managers and Supervisors Responsibilities
- Types of Training Basic, Specific, Conversion, Familiarisation
- Authorisation to operate
- Correct PPE On Site
- Walking The Floor (Practical Exercise)
- Hazard Awareness Test
- Operator Bad Habits, What To Look For
- Lift Truck Stability, What to look for
- Hazard Perception Test
- Pedestrian Awareness on site, Staff, Visitors, etc.
- Racking Systems, Dangers, Checks To Be Made
- Associated Knowledge Examination
- General Discussion
- Next Step, The Way Forward, What Needs To Be Put In Place
- Course closure