- Electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components
- Hydraulic valves and rams
- Final drive and gearbox components
- Engines and components
- Gas, diesel and electric powered forklift trucks
- Using check sheets, checking that the brakes are fully functional, lifting assembly and steering are in working order
- Changing oil and filters as necessary
- Thorough Examinations pending qualifications
- Preventative Maintenance, such as lubricating steering and lifting equipment.
Overhaul of Forklift Trucks:
- Completing partial strip-down of gas, diesel, or electric forklift trucks
- Preparing, steam cleaning or painting the chassis of forklift trucks
- Bolting / welding on ancillaries to the chassis’
- Check voltages and fluid levels of forklift trucks, using meters and hydrometers.
New & Used Equipment Preparation:
- Preparation of gas, diesel and electric forklift trucks by performing pre-delivery inspections (PDI’s), using check-sheets from the manufacturer to check the specifications to meet the customer’s requirements, along with overseeing the despatch and receipt of trucks in and out of the Depot.
- Weekly timesheets
- Completing PDA on a daily basis to record progress of repairs, parts used or required, etc.
- Liaising with the Service Controller as necessary and advising of any changes
- Any other reasonable duties related to this role e.g. May be required to collect spare parts locally, Delivery and collection of Powered Pallet Trucks,
Occasional site support to the field service engineers