Forklift ramps provide the best answer for efficient and safe unloading and loading of containers and trailers by a forklift truck when no dedicated loading bay is available.
You can purchase a forklift ramps directly from Acclaim Handling or alternatively they are available to hire on both a short term (minimum one month) or long term basis inclusive of all maintenance provided by Acclaim Handling Ltd. Customers of Acclaim Handling using forklift ramps include Norbert Dentressangle & Hainenko Ltd
Using Forklift Ramps Safely
Before operation, ensure that the ramp is fitted with two securing chains at the lip plate end.
Forklift ramps are primarily designed for forklift truck access into containers. Pedestrian use is not recommended, however where personnel are required to walk on forklift ramps, extreme caution should be exercised.
Forklift Ramps Safety Checks
Forklift ramps are designed to require low maintenance. However, as with all mechanical equipment, some wear will take place. We recommend, therefore, dependent on the type of operation, a minimum of a twelve monthly inspection takes place.
Forklift ramps are usually fitted with safety chains and hooks. Before operation, ensure that both chains are securely attached to the vehicle. It is recommended that, where possible, the chains are passed through the container corner casting and lock with the grab hook. Excess slack should be taken up using the chain adjuster plate fixed to each side of the ramp. If the vehicle is not a rigid type container, the chains must be securely fitted to a suitable point on the vehicle chassis.
Forklift Ramps Routine Inspection:-
- Inspect for hydraulic Leaks and hose damage.
- Ensure ramp operating area is kept free of obstruction.
- Inspect for hydraulic leaks and hose damage.
- Check safety chain security bolts.
- Check wheel and tyre condition.
- Check security and condition of all undercarriage mounting pins.
6 Monthly Checks (in addition to monthly checks):
- Lubricate wheel bearings and axles.
- Lubricate undercarriage and cylinder pins.
- Apply light application of grease to pump handle pivot pins.
- Inspect ramp generally for structural faults and decking condition.
12 Monthly Checks:
- Complete full and thorough service inspection as detailed in the manufacturer’s inspection procedure. This should include inspection and replacement of, if required, cylinder seals, hand pump service and hydraulic oil change.
- Safety chain and hook inspection.
- Full structural inspection and report on the ramps general condition.