Pre Shift Inspection Training
Duration: 1 Day
Capacity: Up to 8 (at no extra cost) split over two sessions (4 on each)
This course is designed to cover all aspects of a pre shift inspection on all types of material handling equipment.
The course will cover the operator’s legal responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other appropriate legislative requirements with regard to knowingly using an unsafe lift truck.
Carry out and record a pre-use inspection of the lift truck in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Also any safety precautions when replenishing fuel, oil, coolant, and the procedure for reporting vehicle faults.
This course is best suited at your site for the most accurate training on what they will be using on a day-to-day basis.
Course Content – What’s Included?
- Introduction to the course
- Correct PPE
- Current Regulations HASWA, PUWER, LOLER, ACOP, ETC
- Operators Responsibilities. Legal requirements
- Thorough examination
- Introduction to the truck
- Introduction to the pre shift sheet, book
- When it should be carried out
- What each section means in the pre shift sheet in relation to the truck
- Step by step guide through pre shift
- Filling in the pre shift sheet correctly
- Reporting procedures
- Truck off the road (VOR)
- General Discussion
- Course closure