Why must I train my staff?
In order to comply with general duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and the more specific duties under Regulation 9 of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER), employers must ensure that all operators are adequately trained on ALL types of equipment which they are required to use.
Here at Acclaim we can offer training courses for both national and in-house certification which will ensure you meet the requirements.
What is the difference between national and in-house?
An in-house course can often be tailored to customer requirements whilst the national certification is a little more rigid and must meet specified criteria such as trainee ratio and duration depending on a candidate’s experience. Our team will be happy to answer any questions about the most appropriate course for your needs.
As the name suggests, the in-house certificate allows the trainee to operate the equipment on customer premises only, whilst the national certification comes with a photo card as evidence of being registered on the RTITB National Operators Registration Scheme (NORS) as a qualified operator.
Where does the training take place?
Training is based in our training centre at our head office in Purfleet, Essex. However it can be carried out at your premises. (Subject to suitability).
What do you need to conduct the training on my premises?
- Your equipment must have a current thorough examination certificate.
- We would need to see certification for trainees who want to attend refresher or conversion courses.
- Racking must be free from damage and its safe working load must be available.
- Palletised loads of good condition and a sufficient amount of unladen pallets.
- You must have appropriate P.P.E. for refuelling purposes and the working area.
- Sufficient space to allow for 90 degree turns of the truck.
- Finally, a room suitable for the delivery of the theory training.
Click here for more details on the training courses we offer or call our friendly team for more info on 01708 861 414.