A robust and reliable dock leveller is at the heart beat of any good loading bay design. There are generally two types of dock leveller:
- Swing lip dock levellers which are more commonly used in general warehousing and is supplied in standard capacities of 6000kg or 9000kg.
- Telescopic lip dock levellers which are more commonly used with double deck vehicles enabling extended reach over tail lifts making it possible to unload vehicles with pallets right at the very back.
Dock Leveller Designs
Both come available in 3 installation styles:
- Traditional Pit mounting where the dock leveller is welded in at the front and back. The dock leveller sits on a solid pit base whereby the pit is bounded with previously cast-in pit edge angles.
- Suspended whereby the dock leveller is suspended from its top edge allowing the underside of the pit to be clear for access by tail lifts. These are good for when the dock leveller requires clear access into the deck of a vehicle.
- Box Style whereby the the dock leveller is positioned and fixed down to a flat base and then concrete is poured around it.
Our dock levellers are robust in their construction, comply with all legislation and are manufactured to precision.
The Swing lip dock leveller and the telescopic lip dock leveller models are manufactured in the UK and many standard sizes are available ex-stock so lead times can be as low as one week. We can also cater for special sizes and extraordinary load capacity requirements.