Forklift Engineer Recruitment
As Acclaim Handling Jobs continue to grow and expand, we are recruiting forklift engineers across All 6 of our regional service centres in the UK; South Essex, East Anglia, Lincolnshire, Midlands, Thames Valley and Kent.
We’re looking for a number of experienced engineers to work alongside our prestigious service departments, liaising with our service controllers, managers, and receptionists to ensure consistent quality professional maintenance and repairs to site based forklift trucks. If you’re an experienced engineer looking for an exciting new career in the forklift industry, or a mechanically minded individual looking to start an apprenticeship, please see the below requirements:
- Engineering Duties
- Repair of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components
- Repairing hydraulic valves and rams
- Repairing final drive and gearbox components
- Repairing gas and diesel engines
- Repairing electrical motors
- Forklift inspection and reporting
- Servicing gas, diesel and electric powered forklift trucks
- Using check sheet to ensure the equipment is fully functional and conforms to current legislation
- Changing oils, filters and other consumables.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance such as lubricating and thorough checks.
- Voltage and gravity checking forklift batteries using meters and hydrometers.
- Completion of site visit reports (Computer and Tablet based)
- Working with Protean software to request parts/log faults and send reports.
- Liaising with and emailing the Service and Parts teams.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in electric/mechanical engineering in heavy goods/plant machinery or automotive engineering
- Full and valid driving licence
- Ability to work unsupervised as required
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Good Communication skills both spoken and written.